- 2 small pita breads (cut into 1-inch squares)
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch fresh mint, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 6 oz. light feta cheese, crumbled (I found this at Trader Joes)
- Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pita squares on a baking sheet and bake until they are nice and crisp, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and olive oil, and season with salt.
In a medium salad bowl, combine toasted pita bread, celery and cucumber. Add vinegar mixture, and toss well to combine. Just before serving, add mint and watercress and gently toss again. Sprinkle feta cheese over the top and season with pepper. Enjoy!