- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce of your choice (I used Sweet Baby Rays: Sweet & Spicy)
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 1/2 onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1 (4 pound) boneless chuck roast
On a large cutting board, chop up your onion and place on the bottom of the slow cooker and reserve a few pieces of onion to place on top of meat. Trim all fat from roast and place into slow cooker on top of the chopped onions. This is important because if fat is left on, it makes the sauce really greasy and you want your sauce to be thick.
In a large bowl, combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, Dijon-style mustard, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and corn starch. Pour mixture all over roast into slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.
Remove roast from slow cooker, shred with a fork and return to the slow cooker. Stir meat to evenly coat with sauce. Continue cooking for an additional hour. Enjoy!