- 1 lb. whole wheat medium pasta shells
- 1 cup marinated sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed in warm water
- 1 1/2 cups pesto sauce (recipe follows)
- Salt and pepper to taste
When boiling water for the shells, make sure to generously salt the water. Cook pasta until al-dente. Drain and transfer shells to a large mixing bowl. While the pasta is still hot, add pesto, sun dried tomatoes, peas, salt and pepper. Serve with some fresh basil and enjoy!
Nutless Basil Pesto (makes more than necessary for pasta)
- 2 large bunches of basil
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large clove raw garlic, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
Remove basil leaves and put them in a colander. Rinse and make sure to get any sand off of the leaves. Squeeze out basil in a paper towel, and add to a food processor or blender. Add oil and garlic to basil and blend. The mixture should look a little soupy. Add the parmesan, salt and pepper, and blend again. Your pesto should thicken up with the cheese. Store in the fridge for a week.