- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 (12 oz) baguette, thinly sliced
- 1-2 Bartlett pears, peeled and diced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cook adamame in salted boiling water for about 10 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in ice water. Drain and set aside 1/4 cup whole edamame, process the remainder in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Combine mashed edamame with reserved whole edamame, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 cup mint, cheese, salt and pepper.
Place baguette slices on a baking sheet, brush lightly with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and bake for 10 minutes. Top each baguette slice with 1 tablespoon edamame mixture and 2 teaspoons of chopped pear. Garnish with additional mint, if desired. Enjoy!