- 8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
- 4 quarts boiling water
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 3 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta in 4 quarts of boiling water with 1/4 teaspoon salt for 8 minutes or until noodles are almost al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 1/3 cups of pasta cooking water.
Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add oil then garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and tomatoes, cook for 3 minutes. Add in reserved 1 1/3 cups pasta water and bring to a boil. Stir in cream cheese and mix until smooth. Add in pasta and red pepper and cook an additional 3 minutes or until pasta is al dente, tossing to coat.
Divide pasta among 4 bowls, top with 1 tablespoon of basil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!