- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Flour, for surface
- 1/2 cup grated Gouda cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Fresh rosemary and thyme, as desired
For caramelized sweet potatoes:
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 3/4 cup of low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Open pastry sheet, remove paper and folk back up. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pastry street (still folded) into an 8-by-14-inch rectangle. Trim edges with a pizza cutter and transfer to a baking sheet. Place in freezer until ready to use.
For the sweet potatoes, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato slices, turning occasionally, and cook for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add wine and chicken stock and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
Add brown sugar and salt and cook for about 10 minutes, carefully turning sweet potatoes to brown both sides. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.