- 4 to 5 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp light butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 5 medium Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 3/4 to 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon, to taste
Bring sweet potatoes to a boil in a large pot of lightly salted water, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain and return potatoes to the pot and set aside.
While your potatoes are boiling, in a large skillet melt butter over medium heat. Stir in sugar and add apple wedges in a single layer. Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until apples are tender and caramelized, turning frequently.
Mash potatoes with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gradually add broth, beating to make potatoes light and fluffy. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through.
In a small skillet, drizzle a bit of olive oil until hot, but not smoky. Fry rosemary leaves for about 45 seconds until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and top sweet potatoes with caramelized apples and crisp rosemary. Enjoy!