- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raw sugar + 1 Tbsp for topping
- 2 Tbsp chopped walnuts, for topping
- 1 Tbsp rolled oats, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice and cinnamon and set aside.
In a large bowl using your stand mixer, combine applesauce, pumpkin puree, yogurt, egg and sugar. Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don't over mix).
Fill your muffin tin almost to the top with the pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle with reserved sugar, walnuts and rolled oats, if desired. Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool and enjoy!