- 1 medium onion, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup crushed Corn Flake crumbs
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil baking spray
Place slices of onion in a shallow dish. Pour the buttermilk over the top and let them soak for about 2 hours, refrigerated. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Combine Panko, bread crumbs and Corn Flakes in a large dish, season with salt. Dip each soaked onion ring into the crumb mixture and coat well. Place rings onto two cookie sheets and lightly spray them with oil. Bake about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!