- 3/4 lb. whole wheat pasta shells
- 1 Tbsp light butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 (5 oz) package baby spinach
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 oz. grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 (8 oz) container grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 Tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add your sliced shallot and crushed red pepper; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until translucent. Add spinach and broth; cover and cook for 1 minute. Add half-and-half, 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese and the black pepper. Stir to combine; cook for 3 minutes and remove from heat.
Add tomatoes and the cooked pasta; toss. Garnish with parsley and remaining cheese. Serve and enjoy!