- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 box (1 lb) uncooked elbow noodles
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- Fresh parsley, garnish as desired
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium saucepan, combined cubed butternut squash, chicken broth, milk and garlic and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 25 minutes, until squash is tender. Meanwhile your pasta should be boiling per box instructions.
Pour hot squash mixture into a blender and add Greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Blend until smoother and pour mixture into a large bowl. Stir in cheeses until melted and then fold in your pasta. Pour everything into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray and spread evenly.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs over top and place in oven for about 25 minutes. Turn your broiler on to high and allow to sit an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until breadcumbs are browned. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!